Sunday, May 6, 2007

Shampooey Fooey!

But first the kitties, well 4 of the 5, in the window watching squirrels and birds. I smeared parts of the pic around kind of LOTR style.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So I was reading my favorite blog, Crazy Aunt Purl, who is just a HOOT, saucy, sassy and sweet at the same time. Anyway, she was talking about finding out how many women don't wash their hair daily. Lots of comments about that so I googled natural hair cleaners(or some such) and found a "receipt" for something that might be the end of my shampoo days forever. I can't find the link now but it goes a little something like this:

1 egg
some distilled water(I used two egg shells full-so maybe 1/4 cup)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon olive oil(only do this occasionally)

I used this on my hair Saturday night(yeah really!) and it was AMAZING! Someone on one of my groups sent this website, Shampoo Free! Healthy hair, naturally. which explains how hair oils work. According to them, there might be a greasy transition period after giving up shampoo, but not to worry, it will pass.

Ok, now I'm up to three shampoos with this stuff, sans oil. The second one, Monday morning, left eggy residue on my hair. It came out with brushing but I didn't like it. Wednesday morning's session went better, I didn't let it sit on my hair and this afternoon it is soft and shiny! I'll do this for a month and see how it goes. If it ends up not being what I want, I'll switch to the baking soda formula. That would be easier but I want to see where the egg mixture ends up.

Now to convince the rest of the family...

No comments: