Sunday, June 3, 2007

What I'm doing tonight...

Being bored, can't you tell?


Molly --

[noun]:

A poltergeist sent to change the course of history forever



'How will you be defined in the dictionary?' at QuizGalaxy.com


In other news...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ryan caught a Snapping Turtle at Park Day Friday morning. Last year, at another park, he caught a juvenile Water Moccasin but I didn't have my camera handy. We have some scary city parks here, one of our favorites has wild hogs that go tearing around and coyotes are EVERYWHERE!
(pig track from the park-next to my keys)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I joined up with WW last night. I'm doing the online thing and it is HARD to get around their website!!! This morning it was all I could do to stay sane while navigating the various places, kept me going in circles for an hour!! Finally I figured out some of it and I think the rest will come as I get more familiar with it. The bummer is that as I was entering various foods into their planner and figuring points and such, it occurred to me that I eat like this already(in volume and content) for my meals so I hope, hope, hope that there is *something* I'm not counting now that will cause me to drop pounds once I quit eating it.

We worked in the yard this morning, cutting out baby oaks and sweet gums, briars and other assorted plants in the wrong places. I did see a snake briefly but not long enough to tell what kind. It was black with white underbelly, head about the size of a 20-ounce soft drink lid, body about as big around as the lid. Only about 6-7 inches of it was visible and when I looked closer it had made for deeper cover. Then it rained so we cut our work short. Power went out at lunchtime so we sat around in the dark for a while. I sorted fabric. Finally it cleared up about 3ish so the kids went swimming. I went in to refresh my drink and found Ruby barely concious and breathing weird(gurgly) near the back door. Fearing a poisoning, swallowed needle or rubberband, I made Mark take her to the emergency vet's office. $86 later we found that she'd probably just tried too hard to heave up a hairball or it could have been a particularly bad asthma attack(she gets those). She is fine now but a bit traumatized by the trip, she's staying close to the people tonight.

Anyway, the girls have a friend spending the night tonight so I need to round them up for beddybye(haha).

****updated 9/30/07 to say that the turtle is most likely a Common Snapping Turtle rather than an Alligator Snapping Turtle. And, that Ruby's intestinal problem continued to the tune of x-rays and icky medicine due to severe constipation. Poor baby. She is fine now but has to have laxatone to help with her issues.

No comments: