Thursday, May 22, 2008

MemeMadness....

Carol over at NumbKnits has a new meme, well I've seen it several places lately, but it is new to me. So, I'll post it here and you can play if you'd like(just let me know if you did by commenting).

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?

We had just celebrated the 5th birthday of my oldest kiddo and half birthday of my middle kid(they are exactly 30 months apart, Amy turned 2.5 on Ryan's b-day). Mark was in college, about to graduate, and working at Walmart as a mechanic(yes really!). It had been just over a year since I was diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder, panic disorder, anxiety disorder and post partum depression and I was still taking Paxil and Xanax(I took myself off in September of 1998). Later that summer we moved from Nacogdoches to Spring, Texas so Mark could work as a manager for JC Penney. I still miss my friends from Nac.

2. Name 5 things on your today's to do list:

Since I'm writing this after 9pm, I'll use tomorrow's.
1. Clip blackberry vines back from old lattice fence around the pool.
2. Talk to pool man(funny how he'll get back in touch with us if Mark calls him).
3. Participate in my weekly International Homeschool Chat(where my hs friends hang out on Friday mornings).
4. Do some light housework, like fold and put away some towels.
5. Do some decluttering of a few hot spots in the living and dining rooms.

3. Name your favorite snacks:

Right now I'm digging some Triscuits with French Onion Laughing Cow Light(cheesey stuff) but I enjoy ranch dip with carrots, cucumbers, and radish slices as well. I am also currently addicted to Junior Mints and dark chocolate(the really bitter kind) oh, and puffy Cheetos(I don't eat these often though). My snack drink of choice is french vanilla iced green tea or a lemonade made with True Lemon packets and splenda.

4. Some Places you've lived:

Ridgecrest California, Duncan Oklahoma, Austin Texas, White Oak Texas, Spring Texas, Norman Oklahoma, Temple Texas.

5. What would you do if you were a Billionaire:

Hmmmm. Partay! Give a bunch of money to relatives and friends. Buy a house or three. Shop at the expensive grocery store and buy organic EVERYTHING. Buy shoooooes! Have the yard landscaped with native grasses and wildflowers. Donate a buttload of money to our local animal shelters. Adopt more pets! Adopt a child or two, or ten.

6. Peeps I want to know more about:

Anyone who reads my blog!

1 comment:

Chickenbells said...

Nothing like a fun meme to get the weekend started, eh?