Friday, May 23, 2008

The post in which I give yall the bestest coffee recipe evah...

I had this quote ready to go:

When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free.
(some judge, 1925, wish I had copied the whole thing)

I was all prepared to give my opinions about mandatory school uniforms, as if you can't guess how I feel about them. But, in the interest of trying not to be negative during the countdown to a fabulous weekend...


I've decided(um, I mean, I remembered finally) to give you a little frozen coffee goodness in time for the warm weather. Mark and I used to make something similar years and years ago(before we had more than one child actually) but haven't had them since. The girls discovered frozen cappuchino at Joe Muggs(inside Books-a-Million) and were hooked. Our version is MUCH better though because we use chocolate ice cream. We all love it!

Frozen Chocolate Coffee

2-3 cups leftover coffee(I pour into a tall glass when we're done in the mornings, cover with foil and refridgerate til needed)
2-3 cups chocolate ice cream
1 teaspoon vanilla(or 1/4 tsp cinnamon, your choice)
1 cup milk
2-3 cups crushed ice
1/2 cup sugar(to be added after tasting, the coldness can keep it from being flavorful)
1 cup whipped cream or cool whip

Combine everything but the ice cubes in a blender. Whirl until mixed. Add ice and blend til they are destroyed. Taste and add sugar if you need to, whirling again to mix. You can either top with the cool whip or add it to the whirling, it is good both ways. Makes about 4 servings.

1 comment:

Anet said...

Oh this sounds yummy! I'm going to try it.