Wednesday, November 19, 2008

book tagged!

Jeanne got me!!

The rules are:(just so you'll know, I don't typically follow rules so if you want to play, have at it!)

1. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share seven random and/or weird book facts about yourself.
3. Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

My seven random book facts:

1. I LOVE to read!!!

2. I don't have time to read! I used to but having 3 kids and all the activities that go with them kind of puts a damper on sitting still long enough to read. Crocheting has taken the place of reading when I have a minute to relax, it is much more soothing to me.

3. That being said, I finished the LOTR trilogy(again) this summer, plus The Hobbit.

4. I don't have favorite authors. I have favorite stories. Steven King's The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon is one, the Little House series is another as is The Red Tent by Anita Diamant(I suspect I'd love all of her stuff though).

5. Cooking, how-tos, historical stuff, poems, alternative medical treatments(moxibustion, herbal lore, etc.), Greek myths, and many other topics are things I love to read about.

6. I do 75% of my reading online in the form of blogs and online publications.

7. My children get their reading qualities from their dad. He(they) mostly reads for information. It isn't that they don't read for pleasure but more that the pleasure is finding out about their intended subject. These days I mostly read this way too(see #2) but when I was a child-teen I read mostly stories for pleasure.

3 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I loved The Red Tent, read it twice. I also like The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon. In some ways, that's one of his scariest, to think how quickly that little girl became lost.

autumnesf said...

I'm leaving you an award over at my blog tonight also!

Jeanne said...

Molly, I wrote you a comment yesterday and it would not publish. My dh just cleared my cash so here goes. Thank you for doing the book meme. I enjoyed reading it. Since blogging who has time for anything.

Hugs...Jeanne