Saturday, November 22, 2008

Dreaming...

A few nights ago I had a dream about having to paint elephants for a circus. We(I guess Mark and I and a few others) were treading water in a huge, deep, indoor pool. The elephants would swim by us to be scrubbed, then go up steps to dry off before we got out to paint them. It was very tedious work, lots of details in the patterns. There were at least 40 of them and probably an equal amount of dolphins which also had to be painted. Another part of the dream was us sitting in a parking lot waiting for someone to join us so we could get "underway" going somewhere. We were in a van with all the doors open and kind of milling around inside. I think we were also pulling a horse trailer with lots of stuff in it(not animals). Anyway...

From what I've gathered from searching, elephants represent our whole self and our power, "the elephant is also a symbol of power, strength, and intellect". Dolphins represent "conscious awareness of one's link with all life; contact with the one life within all things". I'm exploring this and others. There is more in the painting too, about my need to express myself. Interesting.



Last night I dreamed of shopping in a series of thrift shops, much like a flea market but in little open air cubicles. I came across several items that were like ones I'd owned as a child and as I examined them I found my name and address on some of them. More digging came up with this, "suggests that there are still things to be learned and gained from past experiences or what is seemingly worthless. The thrift shop may also symbolize ideas or skills that you may have forgotten". Even more interesting.

Wonder what tonight's will be? I'm looking forward to it!

Watch this video!! I'm slightly obsessed with this song now, its soooo rhythmic.



And this one too, whoa these girls are AWESOME!

3 comments:

Chickenbells said...

What a fantastic dream! Elephants are so majestic and wonderful aren't they?

Anet said...

Very interesting! I dreamed we had a baby in the house. A beautiful baby with dark hair and big brown eyes, I thought it was a girl. I was rocking her and smelling her hair, you know that wonderful clean baby scent. And then I smiled because I knew it belonged to my daughter. Oh boy, What do you think that means? Yikes!!!

A Slice of the Pie said...

Interesting! I've never gotten into dream interpretation, but I've wanted to.

Kel