Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Major Award!!

Autumn left me an award, isn't it COOL?


Here are the rules that you agree to when you accept this award:

"When you receive the prize, you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in their content or design. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing that they were prized with 'Honest Weblog'. List [if you can and/or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!"

1. oi************(Tallulah is helping me this morning) Speaking of morning, I rarely eat a traditional American breakfast. Give me spaghetti, leftover roast, even a sandwich over eggs and toast or cereal. However, I do love a bagel with cream cheese.

2. I'm not a sentimental/romantic person at all. Don't buy me flowers or give me cards. Instead, do something realistic like bring dark chocolate or a bag of cat food or something.

3. My introverted nature makes it hard for me to socialize. I am just exhausted after a day filled with talking to others but I do enjoy a good conversation now and then.

4. I love thrift shops but don't get to shop nearly as much as I'd like. Some of my favorite things have come from Salvation Army or Goodwill. You never know what goodies may be lurking in them! Heck, I even dreamed about thrifting last night. Yes really!!!

5. Yall may have noticed that I love animals too! My heart is soft and I tend to take on more than we really need but they are all well cared for and loved.

6. Dieting is not my favorite thing. Neither is exercising. I try to do at least one of them every day though. Right now its the exercising.

7. For some reason I have a mental block about growing my hair longer than my shoulders. Its only been that long once in my lifetime. I also have a mental block about cleaning my bedroom and bathroom but that's another thing.

8. I want desperately to learn how to machine quilt but I'm terrified I'll mess it up. Using the sewing machine is hard for me, don't know why.

9. My unfinished objects pile is bigger than I want it to be. I don't even want to know how may projects are lurking around waiting for completion.

10. Someday I'd like to raise sheep for fiber. Or at least I think I do, it sounds like a romantic thing to do(see #2). It might end up being more trouble than its worth.

Now for my nominees!

1. Clickmom. I have just started following her weightloss endeavors and have found she's a very interesting person!

2. Kel over at A Slice of the Pie. Because she needs to get past that post about blood in the kitchen. Bleck!!

3. Damn Yankee. Since Betts just tagged me for a random facts thing and listed 7 of her own, she only has to do 3 more.

4. Purple Squirrel because her blog is so peaceful and soothing every time. I want to know her secrets!

5. Spruce Hill. Her (very new to me) blog is full of beauty and honesty and a delish recipe for corn chowder that I'll be trying soon.

6. Cedar Chest Quilts is someone who lives near me and also homeschools but we've never met. She's also on a quilter's email group with me. I enjoy her blog but would love to know more about her.

7. Keetha's Stuff'n Such because I haven't picked on her in a loooong time and she needs something to do.

6 comments:

Anet said...

Congrats Molly, I love visiting your blog, it's full of good down to earth real life! Prefect award for you.
Thanks for honoring me with the award, that is so sweet! I think I'm giving up on accepting them on my blog, too much pressure! If you know what I mean. Oh I have no secrets the only thing I can think of is that I'm a Libra and thrive on balance and harmoney. I get cRaZy when things are out of wack.
I would love to raise sheep too! I just think they are so sweet, and wouldn't it be fun to play with the wool! Enjoy your weekend :)

Keetha Broyles said...

Thank you, Molly!!! Let me think about this one before I post it.

~Molly~ said...

Anet, I know the feeling! I almost never tag people when I get tagged. Its that time of year for being busy too so I completely understand!!

Keetha, it took me two days to get this one done and I didn't give it my best shot a that. My mind is on too many other things to sit and think. Take your time with it!!

Molly

A Slice of the Pie said...

Thanks, Molly!

I will put this on my blog one day this week!

Kel

Keetha Broyles said...

It's posted.

cedar chest quilts said...

Molly, I have my honest blog up and have tagged others, thanks for thinking of me. Angie