Monday, December 1, 2008

Advent



Growing up Southern Baptist, our family didn't do anything for Advent. I'm embarassed to admit that I didn't even know what it was until my mid-twenties. We still don't formally celebrate Advent as a family really. However, I love online Advent calendars! I love the anticipation of Christmas and calendars help me focus. Here are a few of my faves for this year.

Explore Faith Advent Calendar

Online World Interactive Advent Calendar

Holidays on the Net Advent Calendar

and my very favorite of all...

Episcopal Diocese of Washington Advent Calendar

5 comments:

Anet said...

Is this Christmas past? Or are you super fast! LOL! Anyway it's a lovely cozy Christmas home!!

I have been having fun checking out the online Advent Calendars. Thanks for posting them! I love the one that teachs about different countries and how they celebrate, that always has fasinated me.

I put up our big tree today all by myself. Not one person wanted to help me. Well... Caleb carried the tree for me and helped get the boxes of decorations out of the attic. So that was some help;)

~Molly~ said...

Oh yes, this was last year!! Right now there are huge totes full of crocheted goodies and felted sweaters awaiting crafting among other things in front of the fireplace. It will be a busy week of finding places for all the crap so we can get a tree next weekend.

I love that we can have a 10-11 foot tree again. We did this quite a few times when I was growing up(we live in the same house my dad built when I was 10) and I missed having a big tree when we were other places.

Betts said...

Geez, I forget to get an Advent calendar out for Pipsqueak. Thanks for the reminder. We get these really vintage looking ones from Germany with pretty glitter on them. I'll have to check out the ones online too.

A Slice of the Pie said...

I am always looking for ways to bring more light and joy to December without all the dollar$. Thanks for the links. I hadn't considered incorporating an Advent calendar before.

Kel

Chickenbells said...

My mother just started her Advent Madness...she hangs little stockings for Rozz and makes her gifts every day until Christmas...it's impressive, but leaves her quite tired!