Tuesday, December 16, 2008

a bittersweet day...


(Shimmer Angel)

Amidst the excitement and festivities that are Christmas at our house, we've got sadness. Our dear Shimmer has passed away from a sudden illness. Last Saturday she was fine, I held her and felt nothing. Tuesday the girls felt a small, almond sized lump on her side. By this past weekend it was larger than a chicken egg, probably cancer. She was a spunky little pigger with a cantankerous and bossy "Miss Piggy" personality. We'll miss her.


(Merry Shimmer)



(painted hutch with handmade decorations)



(I think Amy did this one last year)


(red metal cart in the dining room. notice the paint swatches)



(top of the china cabinet with vintage ornaments and decorations)


In Other News...

A-1 Medical Equipment and Supplies is officially servicing patients!!! Mark is thrilled to finally be going. I hope they aren't too busy over the holidays though!

My parents will be here Friday!!!!! I'm trying to plan some meals and snacks for us. Last night my party mix plans fell through because the store had NO cereal, not one box! I'm headed that way in a little while to try again. I also forgot raspberry extract for our hot cocoa(a little gourmet secret) and hopefully they'll have peppermint too(they were out of that too).

Ryan has a Christmas party with his youth group tomorrow night, then our homeschool party, then another homeschool party on Friday with a different group and then hopefully nothing! Sarah's AWANA class is having a jingle party tomorrow so I've got to sew a bunch of jingle bells to a shirt for her. Should be cute!

Guess that's all. The dogs need fed and let back in. Its freezing here... no really it is. We try to wash and dry clothes to help keep the dogs warm since our dryer vents to the garage. It does work but with temps not out of the mid-30s all day it will be a struggle.

I'm spending the morning with apple cider, lightly spiked with buttershots and caramel syrup. Tastes like a caramel apple in a cup!

8 comments:

Becki Stone said...

Sorry about Shimmer! She was a cute little pig!
I'm glad to hear the business is serving patients! That's great!

Sharon said...

What a beautiful angel Shimmer is. I hope she went easily.

Anet said...

So sad about Shimmer, she really is an angel!

Glad to hear all is going well with the new business. Best of luck to you and Mark!
We had hot cider with buttershots for our harvest feast. Yum :)

Unknown said...

apple cider with butterscotch and carmael? Oh my!

Chickenbells said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was indeed a little angel!

A Slice of the Pie said...

Sorry to hear about Shimmer. Pets are so wonderful to have and hard to lose.

Kel

Sara said...

Sorry for your loss.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

My sympathy to all of you on the passing of Shimmer. But congrats on Mark's new business.