Thursday, October 4, 2007

Today is a Better Day...

I feel like those mice from Babe, how they'd make little comments between scenes. Ya know like "Pork is a nice sweetmeet" and mine, coming between icky last night and this beautiful morning. The way the sun comes through the sweet gum tree at this time of year is really pretty. It highlights all the orb spiders' webs in our yard and across the street, and makes the gum leaves glow. They haven't changed yet to the gold and red like this picture but the green is still nice. The sun also shows off all the moths and other flying critters. If you've ever seen the show on the Travel Channel called Most Haunted and seen their "orbs"(lit up moths in old houses) you know the look I'm talking about. Little glowy dots floating and zipping along. It is really a spectacular show to watch(the one in my yard, not the tv show).
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My blood pressure was high last night, 143/88, and I just generally felt weird. I had three different whacko dreams(and I didn't take so much as an advil!). After the dream, I'd check the clock to see if I could get up yet(1:37, 3:45, 6:04) but none of those times worked for me so I went back to sleep each time. I hope tonight won't be so bad.

Sorry if this post is less than coherent. I'm unable to drink coffee(decaf chicory) until I get my milk tomorrow afternoon. We've started getting organic raw Jersey cow milk from a farm north of us. The kids LOVE it, the taste is so fresh. Amy said it was like it was alive and that the old kind of milk tasted dead. Last week we got a gallon and it was gone by Tuesday. This week we ordered 2 gallons.

Today is also Park Day with our homeschool group. Will be interesting to see what kind of dangerous critters Ryan comes up with this time. I am bringing my camera just in case. Yesterday he and a friend went to the creek at the end of our street and came home wtih 2 black widows and a black and yellow garden spider, some wasps and a jewel beetle. Sigh.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I hope you're feeling better soon and that all the piggies have recovered. Maybe all will be better when Mark gets home.

Chickenbells said...

Fresh milk is lovely (although, I'm lactose intolerant...so no milk is good for me anymore) and I had a rotten nights sleep last night too...I kept having to kick the cat off my pillow (she has the rest of the bed for goodness sakes...why my pillow too?) And...I'm a no go on regular coffee anymore, so there's no caffeine to help with the waking up part of my life...just a 4 mile walk in the cold with me staggering around yawning...