Thursday, March 27, 2008

Just Call Me....

The Snake Whisperer...





Amy spotted him on the creek bank at park day. Ryan figured out he was injured and trapped in erosion netting. Sarah alerted me. And, I cut him out with my trusty scissors. We have him home to doctor his wounds and then he's going back to the creek(not near the netting though). He's a pretty big Common Garter Snake, about 30 inches long, too old to make a good pet I'm afraid. I am googling how to care for him now. However, we saw no badgers and didn't even think to look for mushrooms...



No piggie babies yet. I haven't checked her dilation today either. Will update this post if she has them today though.

3 comments:

Chickenbells said...

Oh, how good of you to rescue the snake! That can only mean you will have good snake karma...and that is a wonderful thing. I love it when I see a snake hanging around, because I know that it will be taking care of rodent problems outside for me...the cat is not so interested in that...I hope it heals well and fast!

Carol said...

You are a good soul :) I'm anxious for the babies to come!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

You're a kind person, Molly, to rescue the snake. Me, I don't like snakes. But I love that mushroom song.