Friday, August 8, 2008

If it isn't one thing its another....

Just wanted to let everyone know that one of Mark's elderly aunts died this morning. We were called yesterday evening, just as Mark walked in the door(so I still don't have my Rx filled). His mom's youngest sister had broken her pelvis and was near death. We went to the hospital so that Mark could drive his dad home after dark. His dad is blind in one eye and has 3 cateracts in the other, shouldn't be driving period but can't see at all at night. Anyway, we stayed up there for several hours before convincing his mom that there wasn't much she coud do and it would be better for her to come home and rest. So, I drove his mom(they have a 2-seater truck) and Mark drove his dad.

And, just when we thought the fun was all over, I wrecked the car! Not bad
but I had backed into their carport to turn around and when I pulled out I
dented the passenger side along one of the posts. It is bad but we don't have
money for our deductible right now so it will have to stay ugly. That's what I
get for driving while sick, tired and in the pitch dark. We didn't end up at home til near midnight.

We think the funeral will be tomorrow so Mark will likely drive his parents to it. The kids and I will stay home. I am mentally at my limit.

5 comments:

Chickenbells said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

And for the passenger side of your car. That is lousy...I think you staying home might just be a good idea!

Anet said...

Sorry for the rough patch Molly. It has to get better soon. Take care!

A Slice of the Pie said...

Sorry for your loss. Golly, when it rains it pours. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Mercy sakes, Molly. I hope things get better for you and your family soon. Too much bad stuff going on.

Sarah and Jack said...

Oh goodness!

I once did that to my car when I lived in an apt with those carport type things. It really messed up my car. Oy.

I hope you feel better soon.