Monday, December 31, 2007

I MADE THIS!!

(I don't mean to take away from Soshie's passing~click her name or scroll down~, but I realized that I am 3 posts shy of having 100 for my first year of blogging. Expect 2 more today to get me there.)

My mom had it quilted by a quilting buddy of hers in North Carolina. I LOVE the quilting design she used! The pattern is "Confetti" from Super Simple Squares by Lyndia Milligan & Nancy Smith. I used fabric from my stash plus some salesmans samples my mom gave me and a purchased border. It is HUGE, probably could fit a king sized bed if need be, but almost like a bed spread on our queen bed.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Now I have to bind it and get a bed(frame) to use it with. We're on a mattress and box spring on the floor now. It is too long to use like that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Molly...
it is GORGEOUS!!
There is a lady in our neighborhood that is an avid quilter, you probably know who she is! I have pondered several times getting with her and getting some beginners instruction!

~Brandee

Chickenbells said...

Wow!! I am stunned...it is just beautiful, and I love all the colors you used in it...You are very talented indeed!!

Have a Very Happy New Year!!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

The quilt is beautiful, Molly. And the lady did a great quilting job. I'll bet it will be lovely on your bed.

Unknown said...

Fabulously Gorgeous!!!