Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Woke this morning to the sound of thunder....

How far off, I didn't need to wonder. It has been raining for almost 6 hours now and the temps have dropped 3 degrees. Wonderful, but I need to go buy some cat food(and litter, gah!). Guess I'll wait til mom wakes up so we can go to Hancock fabrics too. Can't remember why we needed to go there but we talked about it a few days ago.

The kids are figuring out how to send pictures but I'm thinking they need to resize them or change the settings on the camera so it doesn't make them so huge. I'm not a big fan of trying to learn a new system, my picture program is SO easy. But, even after uninstalling my McAfee it is still not working. Sigh.

Not sure when mom and dad are leaving. They haven't mentioned it to me yet. I'd like them to stay at least through the weekend but we've all got doctor appointments in early January(she needs to be back before the 11th).

Never did hear from Mark's parents about yesterday, they just never showed up. She had called the night before to confirm that they'd be here shortly before noon and then when Mark called to see where they were, she acted like we knew it would be for the night meal. His mom has dementia and I think maybe his dad just goes along with whatever she says, no matter how nuts, because it is easier than fighting her. She has a mean personality and holds life-long grudges. The dementia just magnifies all that hostility. It is sad and Mark doesn't handle it well. His job is so demanding that he has to take opportunities and make plans in advance(and hope he doesn't have to cancel) so not seeing them yesterday means we won't do Christmas with them at all, unless it is sometime in January(which would totally not work for his mom).

Happy Day After Christmas!!! Busy-ness as usual here at the Sonier Casa. Carry on.

4 comments:

Chickenbells said...

Oh...family can be nutty even at the best of times can't it? At least you realize what happens so that you didn't let it ruin your meals...

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I think the holidays just brings out the craziness in families. I know that some of the biggest conflicts in my family have come at holiday time. Try not to let it steal your joy.

Carol said...

Hope you're enjoying the holiday season! Your tree is wonderful! Sorry about your mil, my fil had it too. Definitely not easy to live with. Hope all are feeling well. oxox

Sarah and Jack said...

:-( It's particularly hard to deal with aging parents who aren't so cooperative. Been there, doing that.