Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Santa Baby....

Boy was he good to us!! The girls totally made out like bandits this morning with new clothes, boots, sleep pants, bath stuff, earrings, books, and so forth. Ryan got a Cowboys shirt, fishing gadgets, a guitar lesson book, some music and some video games(football ones). Mark got a new zipper jacket(and Ryan one to match) and I got some earrings and shower gel. The big things the kids got are a laptop for the girls to share and a Kodak Easy Share camera with photo printer dock. NICE!!!

Photobucket
(one of my favorite painted ornaments done by my mom when I was very young)

I made a wonderful dinner for us all. We had a turkey breast, broccoli-spinach rice casserole, boiled potatoes, field peas, homemade butter and homemade yeast rolls. Mark's parents were supposed to come over and eat dinner but they always balk at the last minute, which is why I didn't rely on his mom for any of the food. I hate that they always(ALWAYS) screw up anything we ever make plans for. Sigh. Anyway, we had a super tasty meal, then we played with the camera, computer and Ryan's football games. Mom napped on the couch with Muffin and I took Buttercup outside where Mark, the girls and I played with Ryan's new frisbee. We just finished supper of leftovers and I'm so stuffed! My camera is back to not letting me d/l pictures and I'm not real thrilled with the Easy Share software(its on the girls' laptop). Not being a camera savvy person, I have no clue how to resize them(one pic was 1200K) or send them to myself or what. It isn't as easy a program as mine(when it works). Hopefully soon I'll be able to share pics again, it drives me nuts not to show you our present opening session and goodies from this morning!

Hope everyone had a wonderful, restful day today! Ryan and Sarah are sick with fever and chills, sore throats and body aches. Amy and I have the sore throat and are hoping it stops with that.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Sounds like I'm not the only one that came out of it all not feeling well. Hope you are are feeling better soon.

Chickenbells said...

It sounds like you guys had a wonderful time! I hope everyone is feeling better soon...

My Ex-MIL always made everyone take assignments for food, and constantly changed her plans, mind...and one year I was making the pies for Thanksgiving, and she kept saying that she'd buy them...it used to drive me nuts!! Although, I do miss not having them in my life anymore...just the same.