Saturday, June 14, 2008

Change of Plans....and another meme...

Mark realized late yesterday afternoon that he was out of equipment to put out on patients. Things like over-bed tables, shower chairs, wheel chairs, bedside commodes, etc. Things they get several orders for every day. His company is in the process of gaining another hospice account so he's been having to do that instead of his regular duties. Not to mention they are just slammed as it is with what they've got already. He ended up making many deliveries himself for the past few days, even with both drivers going full steam and was out of town from about 2pm til 8 last night. Since it is supposed to rain today(and it is very dark this morning at 8:14ish) he went into work to order equipment so it will be here for next week's business. Monday he has to go up to Ennis, about 3.5 hours away, to get equipment that a family had been storing for several months after their loved one had died, and Tuesday he has to go to Commerce, about 2.5 hours drive, to meet with someone there about something(????) and Wednesday he and the owner are meeting with the representative of the asset aquisition deal. So, he can't put this off. Its going to rain anyway so we wouldn't be able to do much fence work.***updated*** 8:43, it is raining now, pretty hard!

The kids and I will be probably do housework today. From Wednesday on we had a busy week with going to get the milk, then park day, then hair cuts yesterday. Our dishwasher(less than a year old) was acting funny, not getting the dishes clean, so we're behind in the kitchen bigtime. I figured out that it was set to "light rinse" instead of "normal wash". Doncha love it when that happens?

My quilt needs the last two sides bound, that won't take long though, maybe two hours or less. I really am anxious to get my light fixture painted. Mark could wire it for me tomorrow if I had it ready.

Oh yeah, Ryan's haircut was a HUGE hit with his youth group last night! They all loved it!!! I meant to say, with his pictures yesterday, that he was eating cheese-its in both of the shots I got of him. He really wasn't making a sour, "I hate my haircut" face at all. Amy finally got over her funk. I remember being the same way when I got a haircut, it would be very overwhelming for a day or so then I'd be over it.

Here's the Meme, stolen(borrowed) from Groovy's Ruminations.

You’re feeling: Tired. The coyotes howled last night and kept the dogs stirred up. They were very close this time, we could hear them over the dogs!

To your left: A wall and entrance to our living room from the dining area.

On your mind: Do I have enough cash to visit Goodwill today? I think $3 or $4 is what I've got.

Last meal included: Coffee and cheetos.

You sometimes find it hard to: Get ahead in the decluttering/housework game.

The weather: Darker than when I started this post, MUCH darker with gusty wind! The power is blinking too. Might ought to check the weather.com site.

Something you have a collection of: Cat cream pitchers.

A smell that cheers you up: Fresh cut grass.

A smell that can ruin your mood: Litterboxes!

How long since you last shaved: Oh gosh, May of last year? I only shave for weddings and funerals(yes I am serious).

The current state of your hair: Straightened and in need of a wash.

The largest item on your desk/workspace (not computer): Rubbermaid container of trail mix.

Your skill with chopsticks: Rarely use chopsticks but I can.

Which section you head for first in a bookstore: Craft section.

Something you’re craving: Something with mint and dark chocolate in it.

Your general thoughts on the presidential race: Cannot wait to get it over with, I really do not care who wins this time, I have "issues" with both sides.

How many times have you been hospitalized this year: ER last month with chest pains, turned out to be Costochondritis(inflammation of the cartilage between the ribs and sterum).

Favorite place to go for a quiet moment: My bedroom because it is ten degrees cooler than the rest of the house.

You’ve always secretly thought you’d be a good: I think I'd make a darling Billionaire.

Something that freaks you out a little: Not having enough money.

Something you’ve eaten too much of lately: Junk food(see last meal).

You have never: Had the desire to sky dive.

2 comments:

Anet said...

Hey Molly,
I stole your meme again!
Show us your cat cream pitchers someday, OK. I'd love to see them.
I hope the storm wasn't too bad:( Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Chickenbells said...

Rats for the rain...however, if you get totally sick of it, could you send it our way? It's going to be in the 90's today...ugh.